Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Iron Trial: Frazier D.



Link to Animoto:  https://animoto.com/play/Xk3Z2YS5TTO1QfaBzSnJXg
Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare
Magisterium
Book one The Iron Trial


The Iron Trial is a great book. It combines magic, adventure, and mystery. It combines these element so beautifully. The Iron Trial paints a very clear and vivid world. The characters had  distinct personalities. The basic plot is that Callum Hunt also known as Call is troublesome. He is taken away by mages and then taught to use magic. Call is not very good at it, and struggles to keep up with the rest of the students in his grade. Calls teacher Master Rufus seem to only be doing boring lessons and seem to be keeping secrets. Calls dad Alistar has never wanted Call to go to magisterium and this makes Call on edge, alert, and curios. This lead him to do some naughty things and keep secrets. I think the Iron trial was a good book and the ending made me want to keep reading the series. It also had some cliff hangers and some confusing parts. All in all I think it was a great book.


Spoiler alert:
I infer that Jasper is not as mean as he wants others to believe. I think that he is actually nice and a good person. For instance he saved Call when he was drowning in the river during the log rolling exercise. Jasper also brought Callum a sandwich when he was in the infirmary after the incident. Even though he wants a reputation of mean and tough. He still has a heart to bring his rivals food. At the beginning he was arrogant and a bully, but once he started doing magic he began to realize that he is not the best at everything. This broke most of his ego and made him more friendly and nice, in my opinion. I believe that Jasper in nicer and friendlier than he believes himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment