Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Raft: Gibby S.


The Raft by S.A. Bodeen
The raft was a very good book. The reason I chose podsnack for this is that it is a very emotional book and there are a lot of books that fit that. My first song is See you again by Wiz Khalifa FT. Charlie Puth. I chose this because Robie was gone for a while and everybody was worried about her but she finally made it back home. This is also partially about Max because Robie had to deal with him dying and this song was made as a tribute to actor Paul Walker.
The next song is I'm coming home by Diddy ft. Skylar Gray. I chose this because when Robbie was in the raft she was optimistic that she would make it home and that is what this song is all about. In the song it talks about making mistakes even though Robie made different mistakes she still probably should've gone with her Aunt inside of trying to live by herself for a week. This song represents a lot about this book.
My final song is I’ll be missing you by Puff Daddy. When she thought that Max was in the raft she had a good friendship with him. Then when she lost him she was very sad and distraught. This song is about overcoming loss and Robie has to do that if she is to survive.
Long story short, Robie was on a pacific island with her aunt when her aunt got a phone call that she had to go to california. Robie convinced her aunt that she could stay on the island. Robie realized how scary the real world is and took a plane to her home island without telling anyone. Then the plane crashed and she got on to a raft with Max they were on the raft for a while with only a bag of skittles. Then she had to throw Max off the boat to save her life. When they finally got to a island she found Max and made fires and got food while she just sat there. Towards the end of the book that Max actually did die and she was just being delusional, them finally she was found by the coast guard and brought back home.
I inference that Robie and her family will have a small reunion with her aunt. A lot of times in the book Robie talks about how much she misses her and how she just wants to see her family. Also, I think Robie’s family will want her to have some more bonding with her aunt. To end, the raft was a great book that I think everybody should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment