The Fault In Our Stars by John Greene
I infer that Hazel is stubborn. In the middle of The Fault In Our Stars, Hazel insisted that she was a grenade meaning that when she dies she's going to make everybody that loved her sad and didn’t want anyone to love her. Augustus kept telling her that she wasn't a grenade and she didn’t agree. Hazel wouldn’t forget about it for a while, until finally she let it go. The definition of stubborn is: having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so. Hazel had determination to not change her attitude for a long time throughout the book. So I infer that Hazel is stubborn.
I chose the song All Of the Stars by Ed Sheeran because it reminded me of Hazel and Augustus. In the song the lyrics quote “So can you see the stars over Amsterdam” and that connects to the book because at one point Hazel and Augustus were in Amsterdam looking up at the stars.
I chose the song All I Want by Kodaline because in the song it says “You brought out the best in me, a part of me I’d never seen.” In the beginning of the book Hazel didn’t really have any friends and didn’t do that much stuff, but when Augustus came they did a lot of fun stuff together. So Augustus brought out the best of Hazel.
I chose We’ll Be the Stars by Sabrina Carpenter because in the song it says “Trying things we didn’t know. Looking at the sky, see it come alive.” And in the book they try new things. Also many of the other lyrics connect to the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment